Tuesday, November 29, 2011

And I am finished! Whew!

Even though they don't read my blog, maybe some day they will. They being Natalie and Brigham. Blessing 6 and 7. Let me back up a bit. When I was pregnant with Nathan and SO SO SO SICK I was at stake conference sitting out in the hall with my restless baby Hannah. Sharlene Wells Hawkes walked by me. Who is that you ask? She was Miss America in maybe 1984?, she married a guy from St. Anthony and they must have been visiting. She was and is just beautiful. Anyway, she walked by, I was sick, exhausted,discouraged. Did I mention sick? And I prayed a desperate prayer in my heart asking how much longer, how many times would I do this? And immediately came the answer in a simple, sacred manner and I knew I was supposed to have seven children. For whatever reason that comforted me. And now fast forward. I had a miscarriage between Porter and Hannah. When Emily was 18 mos I had a miscarriage. I went on to have 3 more before my doctor decided I was no longer producing progesterone. And finally I was able to have those last two babies. So, just the fact of their existence is miraculous and proof of divine promptings.
Natalie is my mini-me. Except much more beautiful. She loves to read. And she is yet another strong willed daughter of mine! I am grateful for Natalie's kindness and quiet concern. She is almost perfectly obedient, but I take advantage of that sometimes and need to remember not to depend so much on her. I am awed by her determination, she just doesn't give up. I am thankful that what she wants to be is a mom. Natalie has been a blessing since the moment we knew she was on the way.
Brigham has been through more in ten years than most people are in several decades of life. I am thankful for his toughness and acceptance of his perthes disease. He just dealt with the circumstances. I am grateful for the challenge he is to me. For some reason he was sent to our family last. When I am tired and worn out but need to be more on my mom game than ever. I am grateful he keeps me having to remember that life should be fun and simple. That there is fun to be had in little green army men. And Disney movies and Christmas movies. I love that he LOVES sports, especially football and can talk like an adult with Gary about it all.
This has been a good November. And I am glad I decided to blog my blessings. Life is good, and I forget that often. We had wonderful Sacrament meeting talks about gratitude.Something else I am grateful for! I am thankful for Gary's calling. He is an amazing bishop for those BYUI kids. I am so glad I get to prove that I will be strong and faithful. I am alone with my kids most of the time, but it's ok. And I am so thankful for Gary. That he loves Heavenly Father more than me. That he loves me. That he is the best speaker ever! That he has provided us a life. Overall there is so much to be grateful for

No comments:

Post a Comment