Sunday, November 13, 2011

Two on the thirteenth.

I was going to title this number two on the thirteenth, but that just didn't sound right!
Today I am grateful for Porter. I always say Bear made me a mom. But Porter made us a family. I was so excited to have another son, a friend for Bear. Porter was 9 lbs 14 oz and 24 inches long. Yep, that's two feet people! He had brown eyes from the beginning, never blue. He was calm and rarely fussed. He was also a champion eater. He would eat 8-12 ounce bottles at a time. Which meant we had to make two because eight ounces was the biggest we could find. By his two week check up he weighed 12lbs 3 oz. He was HEALTHY! He has always been a joy. Always very obedient. And I appreciate that. I am thankful that Porter has always seemed to have a strong sense of himself. He is not influenced by others and I wish I was that brave. There is NO greater BYU fan than him! I am thankful for his amazing sense of humor, he makes us all laugh, even when we might not want to. So on this 13th day of gratitude I am grateful for number two!

2 comments:

  1. Porter is a great person. I love his smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You're so good to go through all the things you're grateful for. I'm naughty. I find myself to be a grinch this season. Booo.

    ReplyDelete