Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11

My great uncle, Dr. Jack Comstock served as a doctor in World War II. He marched in the Bataan Death March. He lost most of his eyesight and his ability to practice medicine. He was a hero. My grandpa, Al Comstock believed in peace, but joined the Air Force to support and honor his MIA brother. Gary's uncles served in World War II also. Today I am thankful for my heritage of honorable service. And I am deeply grateful for the service of the men and women who serve our country. And I honor their families, they keep it going at home. They carry burdens I can hardly imagine. They are the unsung heroes. I am also thankful that the only time I fought in a war I chose the winning side. Because you see, we are all veterans of that War in Heaven and we all chose the winning side. Thankfully I can't remember that war. Porter was given the Dustin Birch scholarship and we all consider that a huge honor. So thank you veterans and families! God Bless the USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment