Friday, November 25, 2011

Two more blessings.

I am taking a break from decorating our trees. And that is definitely a topic for another post. Anyway, I am going to finish out my thankful/gratitude posts the next few days.
Nathan was an unexpected blessing. Hannah was 3 or so months old when I found out I was having another baby. WOW. His was a difficult pregnancy. I had the Beijing flu in my second trimester and the doctor told me that my unborn baby would always have problematic teeth. Poor kid, that turned out to be true. He had 4 root canals by the age of four and it continues today. But he is brave and just does what he has to. I admire Nathan because he marches to his own drummer. He could care LESS what others say about him. He knows what he wants to do and is going to do it. I am thankful for his thirst and zeal for knowledge and learning. I am so grateful that he sets and accomplishes goals, we rarely have to remind him. He is kind and considerate, especially to younger kids. I am so thankful he has a good work ethic. He had a paper route for 3 yeaRs and then has worked at Exxon since high school. He is an obedient soul and I think I overlook what a blessing that is for a mother. I am also glad that he and Hannah have always been best friends. Nathan was a surprise that turned out to be a huge, wonderful blessing. And I am thankful he is my son.
And then there was Emily. How thankful I am for Emily. She brings life and commotion to our home! I am grateful for her spunk. And her strong will. Hmmm, another strong daughter! When I watch her play soccer or basketball my heart fills with joy. She is fearless and confident. But has worked to get there. I am thankful for her loyalty. If you can get behind the walls she builds, well you are in for life. Most of the time I am grateful for her sheer grit. You can not distract her from what she wants to do. Or bribe her to do what she does not. When she was 3 we enrolled her in ballet, just as we had Hannah. Well, the first day came. For some reason I couldn't go so she went with her best friend Braydn and her mom Jodi. Emily did NOT want to dance. Nothing Jodi said would convince her. This tiny 3 year old child couldn't even be bribed with candy or ice cream. And that is the theme of her life! I am also thankful for how fiercely she loves the family she babysits for, it shows me that some day she will be a great mom. Hopefully to five daughters just like her! Haha. The day Emmy came to our home was a great day indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment