Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Prayer

I am thankful for prayer. I prayed I would travel to Boise safely. I did. There was one incident, a state trooper flashed his lights and turned into the emergency turn place. So I got into the right lane and slowed from 80 to 77/78. I wasn't worried because I was only going 80, and I don't think they get you for that on the interstate. He passed me after about ten miles. Then my 44 oz Diet Coke hit and I pulled into a rest stop. When I came out that state trooper was pulling in beside my car. WHAT!? He rolled down the window and asked " Shannon?" And I nervously but lawfully abidingly said "yes, that's me?" Meanwhile wondering WHAT THE HECK? He then told me my license was expired. After respectfully disagreeing because we only bought the car a month ago he clarified it was my DRIVER'S LICENSE.Oh yeah, that. He just told me to take care of it soon. Whew! But WAIT! Why did he run my info? I wasn't speeding, my appropriate lights were on, my license plate was current...is there some overweight middle-aged Caucasian housewife racial profile out there? In a Kia Optima no less? It baffled me. And freaked me out in a low- key manner. And I still got here in four and a half hours. When I travel I impose these ridiculous time goals on myself. Man, I am one weird woman aren't I?
Anyway, I digress. I am also grateful for prayer because my dad has colon cancer and tomorrow he has surgery. So I am grateful I can turn my concern for my earthly father to my Heavenly Father. Because I am scared. And I hope and pray all goes well tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I hope all goes well too. He'll be in my prayers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last comment was from me. Not Katy. Forgot to sign her out.

    ReplyDelete