Monday, November 14, 2011

I like pink!

Today I am grateful for pink! Because in my mind pink is Hannah. When we found we were having a GIRL!!!!! my mom started buying pink girl stuff, so even though Hannah may not love the color pink it makes me think of her. We named her Hannah because it means grace of the Lord and after Hannah in the Bible. She had curly hair and beautiful big brown eyes. I wanted to raise daughters that would be strong and self-assured and righteous. So I tried to make sure Hannah knew she was entitled to her own opinions, that she didn't have to think the same way or like the same things that I did. As long as she was true to her faith that is! I succeeded. I love that she can not be swayed, she will do what she believes is right, even if others judge and scorn her. And that happened A LOT last year. But she held her ground. I am thankful for her quick mind and the ability to have intelligent discussions with her. The guys in high school would tell me they were scared of her. That used to bug me. Now I think when she meets a man who loves her independence, her quick wit, her fierce defense of those she loves and ideas she loves, well he will not be "scared", but rather he will appreciate the greatness that is Hannah. So today, I give thanks for my beautiful brown eyed baby girl. She truly is a gift from the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment