Saturday, November 16, 2013

Sew what!!

 When I was in 7th grade I took what must have been a home-ec class. I remember learning to cook and to sew. I don't think I sewed again til high school but I am grateful that I had the chance to learn to sew. One summer I made it a goal to only wear what I had sewn, I even made myself one of those shirts with ruffles down the front that were so popular in the 80's. It was red with a gold metallic thread in it. And a bright blue terry cloth shorts and jacket set. I only wish I had them, or at least pictures! I learned I could make a cute skirt out of a yard of fabric and made a ton of those for me, my sister and friends. When my first two boys were little I made them matching shorts several summers in a row. I even made pants out of old sheets! While sewing is quite painful on my back now I am so grateful for my long ago home-ec teacher and my mom who patiently taught me how to sew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment