Saturday, August 6, 2011

Let the fun Begin!

I tried to blog yesterday, but for some reason all I can do on my ipad is write a title. Nothing else, so
I missed yesterday. Gary and I are in Colorado til Tuesday. Then we leave with the whole gang Wednesday night for our niece`s wedding in Portland on the 12th, a Friday. We come back home that Sunday. A few weeks later I move Porter down to Provo so he can start at BYU. At the beginning of September we move Hannah to SLC so she can start at the LDS Business College. Also where Bear will be attending. So we are at the start of a lot of traveling and changing. As soon as I turned on my phone after we got off the VERY turbulent flight to Denver (have I mentioned how much I despise flying?) I saw
I had missed several calls from home. Now, back in Salt Lake I had already fielded many calls and texts about how every other child but the one I happened to be speaking with was a jerk or not doing there chores or many such similar statements. So, with trepidation I dialed home. Turns out Brigham needed to share the news that someone on the show Phineas and Ferb had kissed someone else. Not sure who did it! Gary was slightly, and by that I mean VERY, annoyed with the amount of phone calls, and while they do tend to call a lot, I am so grateful I can be a billion miles away and still be in contact. In March we were in Arizona, man it sounds like we travel a lot, we don`t. Anyway, we got a call from Brandon Moon informing us our van had apparently slid off the road to Parker. A whole other story. After we determined Nathan was just fine and handled the situation we laughed to know we knew within minutes what had happened even though we were miles away! I love cell phones. Seriously I do.
Well, shortly my parents will be here to meet us and we will be going out to dinner. We are here for my grandpa`s memorial service. My sister Shawn and her husband Chris are here also. We are going to spend the next 3 and half days doing many of the things we did during childhood summers we spent out here in Colorado with my grandparents. A fitting tribute I think. Most of my fond memeoris from growing up are here. Every summer my mom and dad would pack our van and bring us all here. And by all I mean me, my sister and my mom and dad. Good times, good memories. The four of us are all that is left now. Well, unless you count our husbands and combined 9 children! I am going to enjoy the trip down memory lane, probably talk to my children LOTS of times! I LOVE COLORADO!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have a blog. I also love that you love cell phones because I LOVE mine and I especially love texting. Have fun down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete