Monday, August 8, 2011

How sweet it is.. And has been.

Well thanks to my friend Christine Poulsen I know how to blog from my iPad! So I can post from the comfort of my hotel room instead of the lobby. Thanks Christine. Although I am a bit nervous to attempt a new paragraph because it could either do that OR post to my blog unfinished. It has been wonderful being here and being with my parents and Shawn and Chris. I miss my kids,I think! It looks like from Facebook that there was some kind of fun at our house Saturday night, all good and clean, but a bit unsettling when we aren't there.
Anyway, today was my grandpa's memorial service. Gary spoke, he was wonderful. He was very close to my grandpa. In fact his doctoral dissertation was about my grandpa and my grandparents marriage. He said many sweet and tender things. And my mom gave him permission to dedicate the "niche" that holds their ashes. I am grateful for that. We have done many of the activities from my childhood and eaten at a few family favorite restaurants. We have even made some more memories. There is a great mexican restaurant near our hotel, the 3 Margaritas. My sister, her husband and Gary and I ate there last night. It was so good and extremely filling. It was rough walking back to our rooms last night. We ate there again tonight to celebrate our parents 48th anniversary. It was hopping tonight! Crowded and with a genuine mariachi band. Great fun, new tradition.
Tomorrow we fly back to Salt Lake. I hate flying. A whole lot. It is always good to be on land. Then we pick Bear up and head home. We leave Wednesday for Oregon. Poor Gary has had multiple calls from students in his ward, he will be doing interviews Wednesday morning before we leave. I get the feeling it may be more difficult for him to get away for a few years!
I have decided I am the boringest blogger on the internet, but oh well! Hannah is going to help me figure out how to jazz up the appearance, unfortunately she can't jazz me up! But oh well, right!!??? If we don't crash between Denver and Salt Lake I will update later.

No comments:

Post a Comment