Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Do you have the time for this???

Just warning you....this could be a long rambling post. Do you have the time?
I just spent about 40 minutes trying to make my blog cute. I can only get half of it in the paisley design I like. Any advice out there? Now I am afraid to even try to get a cute font. If any of you 2 or 3 people who read this can help,let me know. Hannah put our family picture up, we did add my picture next to my profile, but it was HUGE. And I am not exaggerating that. HUGE. And I don`t want to scare anyone out there with my HUGE face.
We have had a crazy week and a half of travel. Colorado was wonderful,I hope to take my kids there more. My mom is remodeling their cabin so it might be easier to haul the troops there now. And 3 of them are leaving home, maybe 4 kids will seem less overwhelming than 7. I look forward to more trips out there. On the flight home we didn`t have a full plane so we were able to spread out some, it involved me putting my purse and jacket on the seat between us and then avoiding all eye contact. It worked, I felt rude, but oh well! I find myself highly competitive in the whole security check/boarding process. We flew Southwest and I paid a bit extra for early bird check in. So 36 hours before our flight we were assigned a letter and number. And we didn`t have to check in. We were A 26 and 27. That meant we were among the first 30 to board. In the past you just were assigned a letter, A,B or C. Obviously A went before B, B before C. But there were no numbers, so I always got this weird need to be as close to the front of the line as possible, which meant checking in via computer as close to 24 hours before takeoff as I could. Then arriving early enough to get a spot close to the beginning. And then looking with suspicion at ANYone who might try to budge. Weird I know, but it was intense. And check in is a whole other issue. It is always my goal not to set off the alarm, and to not hold up the line. It isn`t like the TSA agent is going to commend me on a flawless security check or anything! So I am not sure what my deal is? Both going and coming home I failed. Forgot my cell phone was in my pocket in Salt Lake. And in Denver forgot to put my travel spray and lotion in a baggie. DANG IT!!!!! I wasn`t perfect. Gary just laughs and shakes his head. This time in Denver the 8 people in front of me had to have a full body xray scan, as did the several behind me. But not me! They just motioned me through the metal detector, don`t know whether to be offended or happy!
Less than 24 hours after we got home from that trip we were on to Oregon for our niece's wedding in the Portland temple.Everyone but her sister on a mission was there. That made 21 grandchildren and Gary`s brother and 4 sisters and spouses. That is a lot of people. Tashya is the 1st grandchild to get married, it was amazing to be at her sealing. It feels like we were all just there making our own covenants, and now our children our growing and going to the temple. It was a sweet experience to be had. We swam some....after the wedding of course....visited,sang,shopped, ATE a LOT. It was good to be together, don`t know how many more times that will happen. All of the kids are growing and moving on with their own busy lives. We drove the whole 12 hours in one trip coming home on Sunday. We were packed pretty tight into the Suburban. And we didn`t leave Oregon til about 11:30. So we didn`t get home til about 1 or 1:30 in the morning. Glad I don`t have to do that again soon.
We are in the process of preparing Hannah and Porter to move out and go to college, Bear is already there. I am nervous and excited for them all. Mostly nervous with Hannah. When Porter and Bear graduated from high school, they went right out on a mission. I didn`t worry about them....I really didn`t! But it is scary to think of sending my little girl out into the world. She only knows one other person at the Business College, her brother. I hope and pray she will be ok. I admire her bravery, I certainly wasn`t that brave! And I hope she has all the fun and learning and growth college can offer. I have decided to have a send off family ceremony for each of them. I will report how it goes. We take Porter on Monday! I have loved having him home this 6 weeks, but it is time for him to go and make his way in the world. But can`t we keep Hannah just a little longer????
If you have read this far and are still awake, well you are awesome! Remember, if anyone can help with my design issues let me know!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your time is very appreciable for the people because you write the good stuff. I never think that you write the wrong information but you can take best info from us and you decorate it so well.

    ReplyDelete