Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring.

  I am feeling more spring-ish today. Part of that might be because Gary finally, FINALLY got the kitchen done enough to put in our stove and refrigerator. This causes me great joy. We can buy fresh fruit and vegetables again! In fact, yesterday I ordered from Bountiful Baskets for the first time in months. I can cook Easter dinner Sunday!!! We can have people over for dinner. I owe brownies to a kid in our ward, I can pay that debt. I can make bread and rolls again. I am excited to get in and clean it and add some splashes of color. Because right now it is various shades of beige, which is Gary`s favorite color. And that is okay but it needs some oomph.

 It is also warm-ish today. For us here in SE Idaho that means the tempertures are in the low 40`s, that is swimsuit season right there! My go-to spring/summer wardrobe is a t-shirt and capris. Unfortunately last summer my capris wore out. Which is ok because they were 6 years old. Think I got my money`s worth there! Thanks WalMart. So far I have not been able to find any replacements. So I am on the hunt for them. It is too early to plant flowers or gardens but I can certainly dream about what Gary will do with our yard this summer. And watch for the tulips to come up. And open all the windows, not just the one by my bed. I am grateful that spring is beginning to appear....in my life and in my town!!

1 comment:

  1. Gary does have a green thumb. And apparently also a kitchen thumb as well, and for more than just cooking. I'm glad that your kitchen is coming together finally. Does that mean that you can make those lemon cookies you posted about on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete