Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Randomness

   So there is a new Pope. As of yet his name has not been announced. It has been fascinating to watch the process---the conclave---of electing a new pope. It is different in my church, the LDS church, we know who will be the prophet. We believe Heavenly Father revealed how the leadership is passed along. There is no speculation. But I do believe the Heavenly Father is concerned about who will be pope. The cardinals who elect the pope pray to be influenced by the Holy Ghost, and you know what? I believe they are. This morning I was watching a talk show with 5 panelists. Two of the women claimed the churches in America are empty, that religion just isn't important. One of the women hopes this new pope will be more in touch with modern life and make the changes that she feels are a long time in coming. And I wondered....when did we, the general population, decide that WE told God what needs to be done? Or changed? That we dictate the commandments according to what society believes is right or acceptable? I am grateful for the guidance my prophet gives, that my church gives. That being said I also hope I can be loving and tolerant and respectful of those who don't share my beliefs.

   On a different note, we are remodeling our kitchen. It has been one disaster and stumbling block after another. I am finding it hard to live in a state of chaos. Our family is short tempered with each other. And I know this is a total ridiculous petty challenge. But at the same time, I look forward to it being done.


  My baby is twelve. We celebrated another last together. The last of our children in primary. Now on Tuesdays we all go to mutual. Except Gary, he tries to put together our kitchen. After 23 years of primary, we are graduated!

  And finally, Emily is participating in Junior Miss, or Distinguished Young Woman as it is now called. I just love this program. I don't in any way think or expect her to win. We have been involved enough to know that you just can't go into it thinking you will win. But I do believe that if she works hard, puts her whole effort into it, well, she already is a winner! I truly believe that. It is fun to see your daughter prepare her talent, get a beautiful dress, work on interview skills and draw close to the girls in her grade. The only sad thing is I don't get to help this year. And I am afraid I will not get to help again. And that will be hard because it is one of my favorite things to do!

  Well, just felt like I should drop in and leave some random thoughts!


1 comment:

  1. I like your random thoughts, Shan. I laughed at the kitchen part. That definitely sounds like a bother. :) I hope that you survive, though, because I'm awful fond of you and I'd miss you so!

    ReplyDelete