Tuesday, March 13, 2012

New,my favorite color!

I just love new! I love to go grocery shopping and fill my cupboards, freezer and fridge with new food. It is really fun to refill our cereal containers. Or how about the seasons changing? There is a cool Target commercial with people landing and dispersing from a hot air balloon and running while magically changing from the dull winter blahs to the bright, cheerful colors of spring and summer. All to a catchy French tune. LOVE IT!!!!! But lest anyone think it is just spring fever, I also love in the Fall when colors deepen and the air crisps.
And I also REALLY love new stuff. Shoes, socks, pajamas, clothes for my kids. But I am trying to reel that in some. I have a weakness for buying new Bath and Body Works stuff. So, my goal has been to use what I have before purchasing anything new. Challenging! Today I decided to clean out the pantry (UGH). And discovered we have a LOT of home decor thingamajigs. So I lugged them upstairs and have covered our dining room table with years of ideas and choices. My intention is to figure out where to use it, and to rotate stuff. So it will be like NEW!
I am also working on a new me. That is not as easy as getting new stuff. January went well, February was more difficult. But I have a NEW commitment. I think I am realizing that this is going to be a life long issue. The exercise part has also been challenging. Mostly because I HATE it. But if I want a new me, I have to do new things. So I have to buck up and just do it. Those are brave words, the question is, can I back them up?
Finally, the BEST new thing happening is my good friend's daughter is about to have a NEW baby! I have known her since she was 5 years old. I was there when she got ready for her first high school dance, I was there at her sealing and now she is about to be a mama! Newborns are the best new things in the world.
So here we are at the start of a new season (well almost) and a new little life!

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much Shan!!! You are amazing and I can't wait for our little girl to meet her great godmother. I'll be letting you know as soon as she comes.

    ReplyDelete