Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What to do? What to say?

I could complain about the challenges of raising children, but most people can. And I need to be positive, need to remember to put things in perspective. When our kids were just little I decided I wanted to make a tradition of Gary taking the boys to their first priesthood session in Salt Lake, to the Conference Center. Then we had Hannah and I decided that I would take her and any other daughters to their first Young Women Broadcast in the Conference Center. I thought it would be good for each of them to have some individual time with me or Gary. And I want/ed them to realize how important they are and how important the priesthood and young womens are. And it has been a great experience. Every one of them. But this time it isn't working out, I guess we waited too long to have the stake presidency call. There are no tickets. And I don't know how to tell her!? Natalie is our youngest girl. She gets lost in the crowd of siblings I am afraid. Of all the seven she is the most reserved, the slowest to express what she might be thinking or feeling. And I worry that she will feel slighted, I know I would. Heck, I know I do. So, I guess I we will go early and stand in the standby line. And hope it doesn't rain or snow. Ironically enough, as I have more children getting older I feel less and less capable or successful as a mother. And I gotta say, this didn't help.

No comments:

Post a Comment