Sunday, March 25, 2012

All's Well That Ends Well.......

We never were able to find tickets to the Broadcast. BUT! We had Gary drop us off right at the gates on the north side of Temple Square. Gary had said that was where the standby line would start. So we walked up to a senior missionary and asked him where the line began. And a lady standing there said SHE HAD EXTRA TICKETS! And we were welcome to two of them! And she didn't seem to mind when I cried and hugged her! THANK YOU NICE SISTER FROM CLINTON, UTAH!!!!!!AND the seats turned out to be in the section on the floor level right next to the door the Brethren come in. And we were close to the podium. So close it was easier to see them at the podium than on the big screens. So we SAW the First Presidency come in. And felt them. And just for general information, President' Uchtdorf's hair is just as splendid in real life as on the TV. And Sister Dalton is just a wonderful woman, she came in on our floor level. And she thanked us all for being there and said how beautiful the Young Women all were. it was just amazing. And I learned from this that Heavenly Father really, REALLY loves Gary because He made sure I would not be able to hold this against him for years to come. Before we left Brigham blessed our dinner and he prayed that Natalie and I would be able to get in. Oh the power of a child's prayer. I am just so happy Nataliecand I got to have that experience.
We were able to have dinner with all of our kids, except Nathan, and there were also Talisa, Tashya, Andy and Liberty. It was just so much fun to be with family. I love Tashya's husband Andy. She is our niece and it was fun to visit with them. Sometimes it seems like we were just their age, starting out in life together! I hope the future holds many, many more family get togethers. Something I learned this weekend. Young adults change their minds, when you think you know what path they are embarking on.....BAM....the path takes a sharp turn in another direction! It is exhausting. So just like I did on the California Screamin roller coaster at Disneyland, I am going to put on the safety harness, close my eyes tight, hold on and wait for the end so we can go on It's A Small World!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! Great messages were given too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing experience!! It's times like these when we see the Lord's hand in our lives. And you are so funny, Sister Chelson-er-Shannon!! Reading this post brightened my day. :)

    ReplyDelete