Thursday, February 9, 2012

Oh what a slacker!

Well, it has obviously been over a month. There are many reasons for that, some valid, others not so much. I am sometimes torn between the idea that I have so much I want to blog and the idea that I really have nothing worthwhile to say.
My children sat me down at the end of December and told me that they love me ANY way I am, but they don`t think I am happy with how I look. You that know me know I am a bit........."fluffy". And my kids are right. I hate my appearance.It is funny because I often forget that I am no longer that smaller 20 year old girl. Til I see a mirror or WORSE a glass door that reflects me in all of my glory. So with their gentle support I have embarked on a lifestyle change. In January I gave up pop and treats and candy and junk food. I do allow myself a free day on Sunday, but no pop. It was brutal. I also write down what I eat in my special Angry Bird notebook. (Which is highly appropriate because I feel like an angry bird a lot). And at my doctor`s appointment I had indeed lost a TINY LITTLE BIT of weight. And I try not to be discouraged because it really is such a small amount. It is now February and I am supposed to add in exercise. So far, I haven`t. I loath and detest exercise. But I really gotta buck up and get on that bandwagon. I really want to be free of this weight, it weighs me down. Ha! Pun intended. It is a challenge for me. As I put on Facebook recently, it is SO much more fun getting fat than getting unfat.
I have also been subbing every day since December. And I am just so grateful and at the same time overwhelmed. Life at our house seems to be out of control and I am slacking. I seem to be coming up short everywhere I turn. I think I need to adopt Nike`s slogan. Just Do It. But I am not sure how to do that? So, if any of you 3 people reading this have any advice, ideas, inspiration. Well, let me know!
And I am going to be better at this blogging thing. I love blogging and blog stalking too much to slack so much.

2 comments:

  1. Mommy you are great! I am so proud of you. I'm trying to follow your example and eat better but it is so hard. I really am so proud of you. I hope you can start exercising soon. I know you will see the results. I love you so much and you are such a great example! I love you!
    Boonie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon:

    You don't know me but I some how found your blog and I love blog stocking...Yikes, does that sound scary?? Don't worry, I'm not a nut. I just hear ya on the weight thing. I'm 45 and at about 40 started really struggling with weight, you're so right, gaining weight is way more fun than losing it. However, a couple of years ago, I found a web site called "sparkpeople.com" . I promise, this is not an advertisement. The site is totally free. They have a ton of healthy recipes, advice on altering your own favorite recipes. Fun teams you can join, a place to record your meals and exercise. They also have tons of exercise advice and free videos. Best of all, I've made some great friends. Getting healthy isn't fun, but you can do it, you've got a beautiful family that needs and obviously loves you. I hope you don't this this is a weird message.

    Good luck! You can do it!!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete