Thursday, September 22, 2011

Not another one???

I go two weeks without blogging and here I am posting two days in a row. Not much else to do here in the office today, I got everything done that a fill-in can do. The women who work here have a LOT to do, glad I am only temporary.
Last night I was able to go to a meeting with some friends of mine, it was so good. Every now and then it helps to meet with other moms and find out everyone struggles and everyone succeeds too. We really share a lot of similar experiences in this life and world. The topic was keeping our homes clean, learning to work with our families, teaching them the value of work. Of course I am over simplifying things. And maybe some would say the topic of housework is frivolous or cliche'. But I think our homes are the training grounds for life, which is a scary thought for my poor kids! We discussed so many ideas, I came away with some specific goals I want to implement. Like it or not, I think the feeling and mood of a home starts with the mom. We are important aren`t we! That is a big responsibility right there.
In other ground breaking news. One of my college kids went on a real date with a girl he hasn`t known his whole life. He called to tell me about it but then cautioned he wouldn`t always be calling and giving me details. I laughed, but like I have said before, this is a good time of life. It is wonderful to become friends with your kids. You can`t do that as much when they are young, they need parents more than friends. Now we can be friends, the parenting is different. Now, did that make sense to anyone at all? One thing I miss with all of my kids is bedtime, nothing is better than putting a freshly bathed toddler to bed at night. And than sneaking in to watch them sleep. Now I go to bed before everyone but Brigham, and sometimes we go at the same time! Maybe I shouldn`t admit that? Oh well, life is pretty good, well rested or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment