Tuesday, September 6, 2011

And now what?

School started today. Last night we had Family Home Evening. I gave one of my "go and learn and work hard and do your best and set goals" lessons. Even if they never seem to listen I always hope on maybe a subconscious level some of it is sinking in.Maybe even a little bit? At the very least they will remember I did try to inspire them to greatness, so I did my part, right?
I went in to the high school this morning to help with registration. My job was to take the fees. Nathan spoke in the assembly but I was too busy/nervous to go in and listen. So, anyway, now I am home alone for the first time in 3 months. I have HOURS of peace and quiet stretched out in front of me. And I gotta clean the house! One thing I have learned the past two days is that Hannah was definitely the housekeeper whenever I was gone. I didn`t know this til we returned home Sunday after taking her to SLC. But WOW. She always made sure it was clean when we got home. When I mentioned this Emily said all sad like that they had done their best. Well, their best was not good enough in this situation!!!! So, I have lots to fill the hours today. Not to mention a lot of lessons to give on how to keep it clean. One of the jobs Emily and Natalie had was to keep the laundry going and to fold that laundry. For some strange reason I keep finding piles of clean laundry in various rooms. In no discernible order. It will be a little like a scavenger hunt. And if you wonder why I did not do this yesterday it is because we spent the WHOLE day cleaning out Hannah`s room and moving in Natalie. That was an adventure in itself.
So, I`m going to turn up my music, fill my mug with ice water ( oh yeah, that reminds me, the desk clerk at our hotel had a 100 oz mug! Never saw one that big) and get to work! I figure to be done about 3 o`clock.......Thursday!!! Happy New School Year to everyone. If you need a good motivational lesson, I got one for you. Results NOT guaranteed!

1 comment: