Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Good Intentions.

I started this blog thinking I would update at least every other day, how hard could that be? Ummmm....HARD! I can`t believe it has been 2 weeks since I posted. And really I have no valid reason, just tiredness from school starting.I have only subbed a few times.And I think a fear of realizing I am boring and really have nothing great to say!
This week I am filling in at our city offices. The 3 women who work here are in Boise for training. People are so rude to me, I don`t take it at all personal, but it makes me wonder and cringe at the times I have lost patience and/or my temper with people serving the public. A common complaint here seems to be that their utility bill is too high. Well, I know that no one is cheating them, and I know no one is singling anyone out to pay an extra high bill. But I am not sure many in the public realize that! So I am going to work at being kind and grateful for the office staff, the front desk person, the guy on the phone. Chances are they are trying to do their best and hoping people understand.Of course we have the right to question our bills and charges, but I am going to work at being kind! I have also learned that filing is just awful. Didn`t like that at all. I did like the hugely satisfying feeling of accomplishment I had when it was finished. But I am grateful it is not my full time occupation.
Our 3 college kids seem to be adjusting quite well. They call me quite frequently, I LOVE that. I try to remember they are adults now, and to treat and speak to them as such. Probably need to work harder at that.One of my wishes for my children has always been that when they grew up and left home that they would be friends and communicate independent of me. And they seem to be doing so, it makes my heart sing. In fact, they went to the BYU-Utah game together, there is a picture of the 3 of them on Facebook that I HOPE they will frame and give to me for Christmas. HINT HINT,actually no hint, outright telling them. I am excited to watch them become adults. Ok, there is some fear too, I am not sure I taught them all they need to know. But too late for that I guess. Anyway, it is a rewarding time in our relationships.
The crew at home is good too. It is strangely quiet at our house. Not sure how I feel about that.When they are home it awesome. I love having teenagers in the house, mine and any who wander by. I am trying to get used to feeding 6 instead of 9.And everyone has their own room!
Well, I have fulfilled my duty to blog, I am not sure if anyone even read this? But I know Porter and Hannah will, so that is enough for me I guess. Love you two!

1 comment:

  1. I always read your blog. I love it!!! So, I have always tried to be kind to people on the "other side" since I worked as a telemarketer, just trying to survive and get by. However, I did lose my cool one time with a guy over a really stupid thing. I have felt terrible since the moment I hung up. Now I will live with guilt forever since I don't know him and can't apologize. Also, I wish I loved having teenagers around. These three girls are killing me. Who in their right mind would have 3 girls in 2 years? Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete