Thursday, April 12, 2012

Rocky Mountain High.......

COLORADO! John Denver nailed it with that song! I am in Colorado with my mom. She has remodeled the family cabin. It has come to the point where. Myriad of decisions must be made. Paint, carpet, cabinets, light fixtures, doors, flooring, tile and so on. My mom made all the other big decisions about contractors, floor plans etc. But I have gotten to help with this phase. And it has been fun!

Who wouldn't love the fun of picking stuff out without the pain of footing the bill?

Anyway, it really has been wonderful. My mom ALWAYS spoils me ROTTEN. And it has been awesome getting to see her vision and dream come to life. And I LOVE Colorado. Really, I think Heavenly Father created these mountains first and then saw to the rest of the world. Most of my favorite childhood memories are here. Sometimes at night I close my eyes and page through my mental scrapbooks and let my heart remember. Most of my ancestors are buried here. These are my roots and I am grateful to be able to be here.


And today I went to a Whole Foods for the first time. WOW. It was truly amazing!

1 comment: