Thursday, April 5, 2012

Celebrate the lasts!

I once read a book by Karen Kingsbury about celebrating your children`s lasts. We all celebrate their firsts, but there are also significant lasts. Like their last primary program, their last time registering for high school, their last first day of school and so on. Well, yesterday Brigham and I celebrated a last.

His last elememtary parent/teacher conference!!!

From now on I will just go stand in line to talk to his various teachers. It occured to me that most of HIS lasts will also be MY lasts. We will share them. I will never have an elementary parent/teacher conference again. And that is weird. I started in 1994. I figured out I have attended 84 of them between 7 children. Yesterday was also his last grade school program, and my last one. And I gotta admit, I`m not too sad about that milestone! It will be a bit strange next year not to have a grade schooler. But a good strange.
After the conference I took Brigham to Subway to celebrate. I can`t think of a better person to share so many lasts with.

1 comment: