Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Potpourri

I really have no specific post in mind. Nothing to say or get off my chest, but I promised myself I would post more regularly. Because I know Robin, Connie and Britta read this! And I don`t want to let down my faithful readers! ; )

Last night I finally deactivated my facebook for awhile. When I found myself in the middle of a rather stupid, yet mean-spirited teenage disagreement. And really, the only reason I said anything was because my own child was being "attacked",and nobody does that! I have also found myself hurt when I am not included in things, things I don`t even want to be included in but still wish I had been invited. Gary calls it my high school insecurities. Boy does he have that right! So I just decided for my mental health to get off for some time. I will miss seeing what old friends are up to, but not enough to keep driving myself crazy.

Conference was good. So good. I am such a visual learner though, that while I remember being uplifted I can`t tell you by which speaker or what they said. So I eagerly await the Conference Ensign issue so I can read and remember and savor all the divine counsel. Was anyone else sad to find out Julie Beck and her counselors were released? Sister Beck has inspired me and pushed me through her years of service. At times I have felt very challenged by her expectations of women and mothers today. But at the same time so grateful that she sees us for what we can become. She taught me about living with intention, or rather striving to live with intention. And I love Sister Thompson`s real-ness. That she is a single woman who has found a happy, fulfilled place in a family oriented church. And Sister Allred for her unfailing optimism and loving talks. I will miss them, but look forward to learning from the new presidency.

Well, this was definately a potpourri of thoughts. I am looking forward to spring and summer. Letting warm air in and watching the flowers bloom. Trips to Disneyland and Colorado. So many good things to look forward to! Life is good.

1 comment: