Sunday, November 2, 2014

Callings

   Today I was released as first counselor in our YW presidency, along with the rest of the presidency. It has been a struggle. I have loved, loved, LOVED this calling. I love the girls, the women I have been honored to work with, the awesome curriculum, all of it. But as I was having a pity party I realized that only the prophet, his counselors and the quorum of the twelve have lifetime church callings. Even stake patriarchs can be put on emeritus type status. So who am I to complain!?! Our church is staffed by volunteers who learn to serve where and when needed. While I will so miss this calling I have faith that I will be given the opportunity to serve where I am needed. EVEN if it is primary. Kidding....not kidding. 
   So today I am grateful for the chance to hold callings and hopefully teach people about the Savior, His Atonement and our Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

  1. You are the best mom! The young women were lucky to
    Have you!

    ReplyDelete